Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Chapter 01: Opportunist


“Are you sure about this, Father?”


“It may sounds like a harsh decision. But, this is the best for him. He must experience it himself before he knows that how big is his responsibility as the Creator.”

   
“Yes, I hope that silly twin of mine would learn his lesson. As our family lineage solely depends on him alone, oh, I wish that I had that kind of powers like him.”


“…He would, dear. He would.” 

Meanwhile at Willow Creek


Good day. Before the journey started, let me introduce myself. My name is…


Let just keep it simple, call me Ari. (Not the same Ari who written this story, though).


I’m from Nü Kå Seev family. There are meanings to each word. Ari itself could be a short version from Aristotle (the famous philosopher and scientist) or Aristo (this is also a Greek name). Either version is fine. Nu is 13th letter in Greek alphabet. Kå means ‘Gate’ and Seev is a Norwegian name which means Kinship.


Well, enough of those boring stuffs.


This is my first week at Willow Creek and there’s still nothing here. I wonder if I could turn this nothing into something. Oh, I wish that I still had my abilities as the Creator or I just plain lazy to do anything. Well, this story would be end quickly if nothing happen.

So, instead wander around lifelessly and aimlessly like creatures from the Walking Dead or Shaun of the Dead (hopefully, not!). Let’s do something.


I've been walking around Willow Creek and lost my way into Oasis Spring, thankfully I could get back at home (which was a lovely bench at park). There are three houses that I would love to have for myself someday.


I've had my eyes on this one. This house looks so modern and looks comfortable to live in. I bet only rich family lives in this house.


This one too looks pretty good and comfortable. From afar it looks so grand.


And this! I love a house with European style that house looks so Goth and gloomy. Those houses look so delish, wish I've been there instead (sleeping on bench at every night). So, without further ado…


Let’s get rich, then.

One business lesson from Ebert and Griffin’s book: Business Essentials 

Opportunity and Enterprise: If enterprising business people can spot a promising opportunity and develop a good plan for capitalizing on it, they can succeed.  


Thankfully, from the information that I had while observing you-know-who at work, I could spot easily who are rich Sims in this area. They are:


Bella Goth

I don’t understand why this person is so famous and infamous at the same time. Look! She has silly looks over her face. People say that she is the gem from the Bachelor family whom married into wealthy family of Goth. (No wonder so many accuse her married just for money, I bet those people just jelly over her). 

Her name Bella means beautiful in Italian. So, she must be beautiful in a way that I couldn't understand right now (or she has a beautiful heart). She’s also quite young for a mom who already had two children. Her name also reminds me of Bella Swan from Twilight.  


I hear she has so many connections with rich people in Willow Creek and Oasis Spring. If I could ‘enter’ her own world, ka-ching! Without saying ‘Motherlode’ out of loud, I could get rich on my own through doing business with her friends. The question is what kind of business that I would like to run?  


Malcolm Landgraab


He is an evil snob teenager from Landgraab family who is quite a narcissist (he loves to take picture of himself over a time). He also too much for me to handle, IMO (In My Opinion), but if I could be his friend, I bet his parents have something that could help me to change my destiny (but I don’t want to hope too much). So many people say that he’s quite different from his younger self; who is kind and reserved; I wonder what happened to him (or his head). He’s much like her Mother in personality except his evilness (which I don’t know where it comes from).    


Bob Pancakes

I hear that he’s not happy with his marriage. Bingo! (That was good to hear! What a dreadful person I am, haha) Wealthy families that I know tend to be unhappy and lonely (mostly because they socialize with wrong people who only after their wealth, oops), few of them really genuine happy, though. Just look at poor Bob, he pretends to be happy with that fake smile (I wonder how long that he could maintain his persona). I also gather information on him that he’s quite a cooks as well despite he is a slob (yuck!) and gloomy. His wife is also a demanding one, she dislike his trait. 

So, those people are my master-key to riches (that just like one title that written by Napoleon Hill, haha). I’ve had enough with theory, so let’s get into the action. Let’s get rich!


Week 1


One day, I spot Mrs. Goth taking a morning walk. She looks so gorgeous without her silly face (I really mean it). I wonder why she walking alone? Why is her husband not accompanying her? Did he ever hear about the rumor about Alien abduction? Did he truly love her? (Oh, stop for being so melodramatic, Ari. He must be busy with work.)


(Real Ari: I read in some sites, in previous Sims games, Bella is an alien-friendly person and her story is all about her mystical disappearance. Even her family didn't have any clues for her whereabouts. What a background story.)


So, this is great chance for me. With no job and no money and no Bella’s husband around (ahem!), this is my chance to ‘enter’ her world (muahaha!). Surprisingly, Bella greets me with smile (Oh, I feel bad now). What a well-mannered high-class person.


See, folks? She is gorgeous! Commonly, for a lady in her age has wrinkles around her face and she has none. What is her secret? Is that something that Alien that wants to probe from her?


My mind changes after I know her personally, it turns out that she is not bad like what people say about her. Truth to be told, that it always recommended knowing someone in person. I tell her about my current problem, I ask her maybe she has something to offer.


I would be glad to work even being hired as a maid---err, no, at least as a Butler (butler is a way cooler, haha). Even that I’m not handsome enough like Sebastian in Black Butler, at least I have some skills (only in your dreams, Ari).


Unfortunately, she already has one and that makes me sad. But, she has an acquaintance for me that might help me through this situation. She calls this person and shortly thereafter he appears from nowhere (seriously, her friend also a mystic). He introduces himself as Bob Pancakes. (WooHoo! Easy money along the way)


Bob tells me that he needs to be away from his home. Why would he want to do something like that? Oh, I got the picture. He tells me that he has money, he would do anything, as long there is someone that accompanying him (he's afraid to be alone, I see).


Bella says that this is a good chance for me, so why I must be hesitate to take his offer?


So, there is quick cash flowing around 20.000 Simoleons to my pocket, to shape my own future. A small and comfortable shack is ready to live in and a slave in my grasp as my stepping stone.


Just look and see from above there, Father. Sit there and enjoy the show while the curtain being unveiled. I’m no longer need the power as the Creator. I will success and living on my own (just like one of Freddie Mercury song) without you.

As closing word that was taken from a short Victorian poem by William Ernest Henley, Invictus:

I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul.  

*** Next: Wearing the Hats ***

Credits

Invictus

0 comments:

Post a Comment