Sunday, November 23, 2014


Soon I will be an Elder. I wonder how many times already flies.

I guess I have nothing to worry about. I had a good life. Simply having her by my side, growing old together seems fine. Through the years I have nothing else to wish for… but solely just to meeting you.

This is what I wished for before I kick the bucket.


Cassandra already a grown up, she’s quite a lady herself in her unique way. 

She resembles Bella in a part of her teenager years.

I know that she’s not the heiress because of our family tradition that strictly based on patriarchy but I’m not a judging man like my ancestor. She always will get the same treatment just like her brother.


Alexander on the other side did his best although I never forced him. He said that he wants do his best for the family.

I’m so proud of both my child. 

Although that I’m not the one who can say it bluntly, I truly love them.


I remember one quote from Carson Kolhoff:

"When someone loves you, they don't always to have to say it. You can always know it by the way they treat you."

…I hope that they received my messages.


That man hasn't been here recently, I wonder what's gotten into him. 

No, it’s not that I worried about him or something. This place seems to be quiet lately. Bella seems bothered by his disappearance. Cassandra also not likes herself lately since he’s not here.

I know it’ll come into this. I guess every parent will deal with this situation.

I need to let her go.


Bella ever said to me that:

“Love just happens… It cannot be forced. That’s why love is magical and sometimes bizarre.”

I guess she’s right.


It’s not like that I will never see her again. It’s her life and it’s not mine, I can’t force my ideal and decisions just like what my parents did, I know how it feels. What I could do as her parent just give my all and support her until she could stand on her feet.

Well, even birds will leave the nest someday.

And his house just the other side from our residence.


I just want to see her happy. That alone is enough for me.  

And she departs one day, I know it's near, but this place become vacant somehow. It always had been the four of us. I known her since she's born. My wee girl already became a fine lady. 


They’re fiancés for a time being.

There will be a marriage between them someday. I and Bella do approve and gave them our blessing. It does remind me about the past years. If you were there we would be the happiest couple in the world.


One day I received a call from Cas. She said she loves her new life but she missed us here every time that she saw a couple show off their affections. She wonders if I could go there sometimes because there’s something important that she wants to talk about.

It’s odd out of the blue. I wonder what’s wrong. She usually talks to me with a playful tone and tease me endlessly. Somehow it’s we just like a friend instead a father and daughter.


If it’s about him and he dares to make my cutie pie cry.

I believe that he won’t get away easily from this!


It’s not like what I expected though… She just wants to talk with me privately. It seems that each of us is busy with our life so there’s barely a time for us to spend a quality time together.


Cas has been pursuing her dream as a Writer. She said that she wants to be like me. But, she chose over children books and fantasy as her genre instead mystery and thriller that I usually wrote.  She said that I’m her inspiration. I’m flattered.


Meanwhile he’s focusing into Painting as his side job; Cas said that he needs to make $20.000 so he could make it even to Bob Pancakes to make the house eligible as his own.

And there’s one thing.


She said that she finally found her right one. She had BFF that she wants to introduce to me. She told me that his name is Malcolm.


It seems bewildering but Cas clarify everything to me.


I couldn't believe my ears. 

You finally call on my name once again after three decades.


I've been waiting for this moment; I thought that I will never see you again.

I finally found you…


It’s three of us again just like the old times.


- Back to List of Stories -

0 comments:

Post a Comment